Run Smelt Run Puppet Parade
Sunday, May 12
3:30: Presentation of the Smelt Queen
Maritime Visitor's Center, beside the Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth, Minnesota
- Second line parade on the Lakewalk
- A stilt walking Royal Guard
- An energetic school of silver smelt puppet and mask dancers
- A musical procession featuring a delegation from the Kingdom of Smelt!
- Music by the Brass Messengers
- Everyone encouraged to wear silver!
5:00: Smelt Fry & Party
Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, 222 E. Superior St.
Smelt Up!: Parade HQ & Workshop: 1832 W. Superior St.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Arrowhead Regional Arts Council thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund and an appropriation from the State Legislature.